Friday 18 October 2013

Christmas This Year

Christmas this year is going to be different. It will be the first time in my life I haven't spent it with my parents and sisters. All because I work in retail and they refuse to give any time off over the Holiday period.

So I've been thinking of what I can do to make our first Christmas of just Andrew and me special.


  1. Get a better Christmas tree. We have a tiny little one at the moment and I'd like one that's around 6ft that I can decorate properly.
  2. Do something nice and special for Christmas breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every Christmas I've always had a roast meal. This year I'd like to do something different as a roast in the middle of summer in New Zealand is sweltering.
  3. Bake Christmas treats. There are many little Christmas treats that make Christmas special to me. I'll just have to make them myself this year. I'll also probably buy a few things that I don't feel confident making myself such as Christmas mince pies, brandy snaps and Christmas pudding.
  4. Decorate the house properly. In the past, I haven't gone as all out as we've always been travelling somewhere else.
  5. Maybe we could head to the beach for a picnic lunch or dinner or something
So many ideas floating around my head. I want to make it special for us but it's just going to be so different for both of us not being around family.


Linking up with
Chaos & Crackers


Blissful and Domestic

1 comment:

  1. Baking Christmas treats is so much fun, as is creating your own Christmas traditions. But it really sucks not getting that time off.

    ReplyDelete