Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year!!! (review of 2015 goals)

Happy New Year Peeps! Hope 2016 is an awesome year for you.


I thought I'd start this year with a review of my goals from 2015.

1 - I'm going to continue the hunt for a full time teaching role and hopefully be successful.
I continued the hunt. Wasn't successful though :( Time to start looking at other options again.

2 - I'm going to endeavour to keep the house clean.
I am a lot better than I was. It helped that we had friends staying at various parts of the year. Could still do better though.

3 - I'm going to start crafting again.
Success! I made most birthday cards, mothers day, fathers day and about a third of my Christmas cards. I also made some cute little angels as Christmas presents for my Mum and Nana (might post a tutorial closer to next Christmas).

4 - We're going to make a budget and stick to it.
We recently went through our budget and we were over by quite a bit. When you take into consideration the extra big expenses of a new alternator for the car, new laptop for me, new power pack for AJs computer, and new tyres for the car we actually did ok. Hopefully there won't be any big expenses this coming year.

5 - We're going to finish paying back our parents money that we've borrowed.
Because of the extra expenses of the previous goal, we haven't as much money towards that as we were hoping. We're about halfway there with AJ's parents. Haven't even thought about my parents yet. 

6 - Finish my Diploma of Business that I started years ago and never completed.
DONE!!! I completed this in June and received my Diploma in the mail (I've already been to 2 graduations - I didn't need to go to a third).

7 - Start an exercise routine and stick to it.
For a lot of 2015 I didn't. Towards the end of the year when my weight sky-rocketed I knuckled down. I have a routine now. But I don't do it on public holidays. Those are my days off.

8 - Try to eat healthier.
We have been. I've tried a few new recipes but none really stuck. Everything we eat as meals is generally healthy though.

9 - Make an effort to catch up with friends that I haven't seen in ages.
I've caught up with a few different people throughout the year. Lots more people I want to catch up with though.

10 - Blog more often.
I've been ok with this. Blogged the same amount as 2014. Need to come up with a blogging schedule or something.



Check back in about a week for some goals for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment