Monday 28 March 2016

My Tea Collection - Rooibos Teas

This week I am going to focus on the rooibos teas in my collection. Rooibos (or red bush) tea comes from a plant that grows in South Africa. I was originally introduced to it by a South African friend of mine and I've been hooked ever since. I've also found many types with flavour additions. The amazing thing about rooibos is that you can all sorts of flavours and it compliments it. And - to make it even better - it's got no caffeine!

Freshpak Rooibos Tea
Normal Rooibos Tea is my go to drink when I want something warm with a tiny bit of flavour. Some people put a spoonful of honey in theirs but I prefer it plain with milk. It has a nice, sweet - almost herby flavour.




Red Seal Chai Rooibos
This is hands down my favourite warm drink to have. As well as the beautiful rooibos flavour there is a soothing chai flavour mixed in. Add some milk and it's the perfect evening drink to have.



Nerada Vanilla Rooibos
If you like vanilla, then you'll like this. Again with the rooibos flavour but with an additional vanilla flavour. With a bit of milk it is a delicious, creamy drink.



Teas Me Mango Rooibos
I don't really like this tea as much as I do other ones. For one, it's got really fine leaves so even using my finest mesh tea accessories, it still leaves bits floating. The taste is quite subtle. You can definitely smell the mango but only get a hint of a taste of it. The rooibos flavour still comes through though.



Tea Total Orange Ginger Rooibos
With this tea - the ginger is overpowering. It's still delicious but you only get hints of the rooibos and orange. I'd prefer more of a mix.


Greenfield Creamy Rooibos
This has a slight citrusy taste to it. Not sure how it gets the name 'creamy' but it's very nice.



Red Seal Lemon and Ginger Rooibos
This is one of AJ's favourite warm drinks. It's especially good soaked with a teaspoon of honey when you have a sore throat.




Messmer Caramel Rooibos
This is seriously delicious and I have to ration in to about one cup a week if I want it to last. It's from Germany and I can't find any similar flavours here. It's like drinking a cup of normal rooibos with a nice caramel mixed in. It is absolutely amazing and I wish it was more readily available here in NZ (a lovely German friend sent it to me).



Messmer Cherry Rooibos
This is a new addition to my collection. It is amazing. It's from the same brand that do the caramel rooibos that I like so much. It has a delicious cherry flavour that doesn't overpower the rooibos flavour. I really wish that we had the brand Messmer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment