Wednesday 15 June 2016

Things You Might Not Know About Me

So today I thought I would do something more different to my normal posts. I thought I'd share some facts that you might not know about me.

1) I am the eldest of three girls. Both of my younger sisters live in Christchurch and I miss them so much. I have a trip planned in October to go and visit them. Can't wait!

2) I have joined together toes. The second and third toes on each of my feet are webbed. Doesn't really affect me at all. I've never known any different.

3) I lived in the USA for a while as a kid. My Dad went to Cornell University to do his PhD so the whole family moved over there for almost 5 years. I started school there and everything. I have some amazing memories and would love to visit again someday. The town I lived in was Geneva, NY.

4) I grew up by a river. My parents have a lifestyle block by the Tukituki River in Hawkes Bay. Whenever we're visiting (and it's warm enough), we love to go kayaking down the river.

5) I love to research my ancestry. I've got so much of my family tree from my Dad's side of the family already. Trying to find more about my Mum's side but there's not as much available.

6) I am very close to my Grandparents - especially my Nana. We lived with them a lot growing up so I see them as my second parents. I now email my Nana weekly (we're both trying to be healthier). I miss not being able to see them regularly.

7) My parents are both plant scientists and I suck at looking after plants.It's true. I just didn't inherit the gardening gene.

8) I love stuffed animals. I still play with them and we keep adding to our collection. AJ loves them too. We're so perfect for each other :D

9) I didn't have a proper proposal. We were talking on the phone (we were long distance at the time) and started talking about weddings. Then we realised we were planning our own wedding. So decided to get engaged. I already had a ring from AJ so I just put it on the appropriate finger.

10) This is rather embarrassing, but I told Facebook that we were engaged before telling my parents. And they found out. It was back in 2007 when Facebook was still reasonably new and I didn't click that the news would travel so fast.


So there you go. Some things that you possibly didn't know about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment